Who am I?
What am I doing?
I work with people. This is my passion and profession. My previous experience may appear a bit chaotic, full of seemingly unrelated events. But in fact everything is about the same - about people, about the possibility to share my knowledge and to support others in gaining new skills. It matters little whether the skill is assertiveness or Italian language.
My greater passion and skill is to establish an open and honest relationship with people, motivating them to take action and discovering the best side in themselves. I do it in all the areas that are important to me - psychology, culture and languages, human rights.
Below you will find a description of my main activities divided in three categories - training, languages and projects. Each of these categories concerns different things, but all in all it is still the same - about the people and for the people.
SOFT and SOCIAL SKILLS
About 690 hours of conducted training and workshops from topics such as:
About 150 hours of coaching/mentoring or psychological support sessions conducted with individual clients.
and GLOBAL EDUCATION
About 720 hours of conducted training and workshops from topics such as:
TRAINING FOR INSTITUTIONS
About 200 hours of conducted training and workshops from topics such as:
School (trainings for teachers and directors)
Interdisciplinary teams for Prevention of Domestic Violence
Municipal teams for Solving Alcohol Problems
(help in fighting against alcoholism and its effects)
Social Nursery Houses (training for employees)
Experience as trainer, project creator and/or coordinator
Long term projects:
Experience as participant
- C2 - Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Work in language schools:
- Private lessons (more information: http://annaandandrea.mystrikingly.com/)
- Participation / organization of international projects (see: Projects)
- Traveling and living in other countries (see: Projects)
- C1 - Certificazione di Italiano come Lingua Straniera (CILS)
- Working at Studio Linguistico language school (individual classes and translations)
- Internship in Europe Direct in Reggio Emilia, Italy (all tasks performed in Italian):
- Private lessons
- Sharing life with Italian partner ;)
- B1 / B2 - Certificado Universidade de Aveiro
- One year studies at the University of Aveiro, Portugal
- B1 - Zertifikat Deutsch
- First degree
Workshop for those who want to do something good for themselves and for the world
Inspiring, networking and giving tools to those who want to make a difference
- preparing and leading workshop about global education, changemaker skills (communication, empathy, awareness, teamwork, creating a vision); building, implementing and evaluating a social project; getting resources for social projects; public speaking/communicating the vision.
- 22 editions of 4-6-days Changemaker Course for youth and/or adults, including editions focused on Social Entrepreneurship, Global Education, Women Empowerment, Climate Change, Youth Wellbeing (Poland, Macedonia, Romania, Moldova, Italy, Scotland, Hungary)
- 5 editions of 5-days Changemaker Course for children
- 3 edition of 2-days Changemaker Weekend for youth and/or adults (Poland)
- 1-year international project of Youth Changemakers
EXCHANGE THE WORLD
A journey around the world in search of Changemakers. The travel is based on exchange as alternative to the current economy.
Our mission is to make everyone a changemaker. We do it by storytelling, networking and education.
- telling stories of changemakers from all over the world in three different languages (Polish, English, Italian)
- participating in projects based on exchange: our skills (teaching, coaching, working on the farm, cooking...) for accommodation and food
- leading workshops and presentations about changing the world for better in its broaden sense
- 357 interviews with Changemakers
- 37 visited countries (South-East Asia, Balkans, Turkey, Caucasus, Europa, South America)
- 228 workshops and presentations for 4747 people in 26 countries, in collaboration with many organizations, such as AIESEC, Amnesty International, Ashoka, Erasmus, Google, Impact Hub, JA, JCI, Kanthari+, Make Sense, PwC, Rotary, Scouting, TEDx, Toastmasters, and others
- 2 book with 17 scenarios each for educators, based on the collected stories (scenarios in different languages can be found here: changemakertoolkit.wixsite.com/change)
- more than 35 volunteering projects
TEDx talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvKHkS49vRo
Building relationships between people over differences of language and culture and promotion of self-development based on respect for human rights and nature in its broaden sense.
- Conducting workshops, events, meetings to look at and discuss different social issues while actively using a foreign language.
- 4 workshops editions in Warsaw: Responsible consumption, Soft Skills, Travel as a metaphor for life, Change the world?.
- 1 half-year edition of sayWorkshops for leaders (2 weekends of trainings + individual support in form of coaching/mentoring)
- 12 educational scenarios
Creating a map of changemakers in Poland.
Visualize where in Poland and in which areas the changemakers work, show the connections between them, discover unknown changemakers and initiatives.
- recruiting and managing two people employed in the project
- following the methodology of maps implementation-managing the map creation process
- cooperation with Ashoka from Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia which implemented the same project in their respective countries
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT OF GIRLS
Economical education mainly for girls and women.
Promotion of a responsible and aware approach to economy and increasing confidence of girls and women in that sector.
- Recruitment and coordination of project team, individual work with each of the 30 women involved in the project
- Conducting workshops, trainings and events within the four thematic areas of the project (Responsible consumption, Philanthropy, Management of Money, My Professional Future)
- Promotion of the project, work with media
- Work with sponsors, acquire new partners
- Planning, accounting and evaluation of the project budget
- 2325 participants from 35 cities, 13 districts
-team of 34 volunteers from all over Poland
-61 workshops scenarios for teachers and NGO leaders
-cooperation with organizations such as the Kupuj Odpowiedzialnie [Buy Responsibly] OdpowiedzialnieFoundation, Amnesty International, Ashoka, Stowarzyszenie Coachów [Association of Coaches] PRIZM, Bizness Link.
Promoting social skills in education.
The emphasis on skills such as empathy, creativity, teamwork and leadership in the life of each and everyone of us. Creating a world where everyone can be a Changemaker.
-collaboration with Ashoka Fellows, creating the vision of the project based on interviews with people working in education
-co-creating the European program of Changemaker schools
-collaboration with all sorts of educational environments, including alternative education
-contact and cooperation with the Ministry of Education
-participation in conferences and festivals
-collaboration with media and specialized journalists dealing with the topic of education
The project is still being implemented. For more information visit poland.ashoka.org.
COURSE FOR THE FUTURE
Workshop for high school students.
Supporting high school students in a conscious and responsible development of future.
- Program coordination of the educational project conducted under the auspices of the Ministry of Education:
a) preparation of workshops for high school students based on the experience of the pilot project (see below), the current evaluation of workshops
b) preparation, conduction and evaluation of training for trainers and ambassadors of the project (30 people)
c) supervisions of trainers
d) training and constant support of the volunteers involved in the project (20 people)
- Coordination of annual pilot project's Co z tym życiem?! [What's with this life?!]
a) organization of workshops on planning and creating future (situation analysis, goal setting, construction and evaluation of an action plan, time management, building self-confidence)
b) individual support for high school students in the conscious planning of the future
c) promotion of the project among high school students
d) cooperation with schools and other institutions that associate high school students
Creating a community which support each other in realizing dreams and goals.
Encouraging people to take their own initiatives, follow their dreams and goals.
- The creation and ongoing support to a community of people ready to share their dreams and help others to achieve their goals
- Promotion of the project among local community and media
- Coordination of work of the project team
- 131 participants
- 429 planned / realized dreams
- Methodical material with suggestions of exercises related to the subject of realizing your dreams and goals.
Expedition to Kilimanjaro.
To inspire people to follow their dreams, cross borders – physical, geographical, cultural, linguistic and inner ones.
08.2008 - 09.2009
- Cooperation with representatives of NGOs in Kenya
- Conduction of workshops, meetings, discussions concerning the project and culture
- Promotion of the project, cooperation with media
- The acquisition and cooperation with sponsors
- Establishing cooperation with NGOs in Kenya
- Involvement in the project over more than a hundred people who supported us in the activities and constantly followed
- Inspire others to realize their own dreams, which became the basis for the following project Dreamers (see above)
- A series of workshops, meetings, lectures with media and people interested in the project after its completion, in order to share our knowledge, experience and inspire people to take their own actions
- Gaining the summit of Kilimanjaro
STORIES OF LIPOWA STREET
Project for the local community.
Strengthening social cohesion in local communities using the methods of drama.
10.2009 - 06.2010
- Development and conduction of drama workshops for children and youth
- Work as a street activist with local communities, involving them in common actions
- Promotion of the project among the local community
- Activation of inhabitants of Lipowa street (Lodz, Poland) and surrounding areas, exploration of the history of this place
- Movie summarizing the project which promotes the forgotten corners of Lipowa street and the surrounding areas made by the inhabitants of the street
- Organization of the event for local communities- Strengthen social ties between neighbors, encourage them to take actions which continued even after the official end of the project
- 10 scenarios of drama workshops for children and youth
International camps for children and youth.
Create a space for international exchange.
- Cooperation with NGOs from other countries
- Recruitment and preparation of children and young people group for international exchange
-Co-organization of camps (formal aspects and program)
- Raising funds and cooperation with the media
- 20 young people from Poland took part in an international camp in England with 40,000 participants from over 140 countries
- 40 people took part in the Polish-German camp in Bavaria
Iberian Peninsula by motorbike - 04.2011
Ramadan in Egypt - 07.2012
Kumys in Mongolia - 07.2005
Portugal - 08.2010 - 07.2011
Italy - 08.2012 - 09.2013
Travel around the world - since 09.2015
For one smile
Poland-Portugal - 07.2011
Balkans - 07.2012
Balkans bis - 07.2013
Georgia – 07.2015
Camino de Santiago (Spain)
Camino Francés - 07.2008, 10.2017
Camino Portuguese - 04.2011, 11.2017
Camino del Norte - 08.2012
Via Francigena (Italy)
Bologna - Roma - 09.2012
Via Flaminia (Italy)
Fano - Rome - 08.2013
Mount Blanc 2007
On the run
Since September 2015 travelling around the world.